Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

How AoA celebrates!

So my last post was about how we were celebrating our 5th anniversary as a guild and what a long strange and fun journey its been for us. I decided that since it was a celebration that we would have a guild event where we could each express our happiness that our guild has done something that sadly most guilds on our server are never able to do...survive intact for so long. So looking back at the many events that we have done as a guild I picked the funnest event we've hosted which was...the Gnomish Death Race!

What is the Gnomish Death Race you might ask? Well its a Race of Death with Gnomes! Participants roll a level 1 gnome of whatever class and sex that they want and run to the gates of Ironforge. Once all the racers are there the race begins them running through the zone into Loch Modan then hitting the road south through the tunnel through the Searing Gorge and running through Blackrock Mountain and coming out into Burning Steppes and heading south through Redridge and cutting across Elwynn and finally ending up at the finishing line at the gates of Stormwind. Along the way they will of course have to deal with mobs killing them repeatedly as well as other racers kiting mobs into their path. It is a lot of fun and we had 8 or 9 racers I think so you can bet that there were a lot of small gnome skeletons along the race route. My lovely fiance was nice enough to donate 1000 gold as prize money for the top three winners who were Yellowmellow in first, Ninyeave in second, and Maros in third. The last place gnome, Praye, received one copper from me. Much fun was had.

If I can't get any screen shots sent to me from people who participated then I will post them when I get home later tonight. We will probably have more death races in the future maybe with new and interesting race tracks. In the past we've done from Theramore to Gadgetzan and Shattrath to Honor Hold so maybe we will run a track somewhere in Northrend. If I remember maybe I'll even post an announcement here so if people from other realms want to participate or watch the race they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment