Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thunderous Fury



This is a post that I have wanted to write for two years; in fact it’s something that I’ve been working on for over 5 years. What the hell am I rambling about you may be asking yourselves. Well I’m talking about [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]. The very same item that is often linked by trade chat trolls. Now I am not just linking it because I want to troll you all. I am talking about it because a week and a half ago this happened:



That’s right my DK got the second binding that he needed to complete the legendary and I finally got my very own Thunderfury. Big whoop, you might be saying to yourselves, it’s a useless item that you can’t even use nowadays. Well to those people I say…SHUT UP! I have wanted my own Thunderfury since I was raiding MC on my mage in vanilla. I decided to start farming for it in BC on my protadin because I wanted him to have it. I would go into MC and solo Garr and Baron Geddon which at the time was difficult to do unless you were block capped and sometimes it would take forever to kill the bosses. You can youtube videos of paladins prot solo’ing the two of them and trust me when I tell you that it is boring as hell. It was pretty much a lot of block damage from Blessing of Sanctuary/Retribution Aura as the boss would beat on you and you’d judge light to heal yourself some. Super boring and you had to bring an extra shield with you because the shield you had equipped had a tendency to break from all the damage being done to it.

In Wrath it got a little easier to solo since you were 80 and had higher stats than you did in BC. It still took a while but at least you could avoid some of the trash mobs. I sadly did not get a binding off either boss in Wrath on my paladin. =( When Cata came around it was even easier to farm the two bosses that drop the bindings and I was regularly farming MC on my pally, warrior, rogue, and dk. I finally experienced some success and got the first binding off Garr on my pally, rogue, and dk! Of course Geddon refused to drop his binding so I was only half way to a Thunderfury. I suppose something is better than nothing. To give you readers an idea of how long I’ve been farming for the bindings on my pally, every single mob in MC will give you rep with the Hydraxian Waterlords until Revered, at which point only bosses give rep and that’s only about 250 rep. I am 7.9k/21k revered with them on my pally. I mainly avoided trash and only focused on killed the two bosses I needed for the bindings. Most of the rep I’ve gotten is from killing the two bosses.
When MoP came around, I continued farming for the bindings and finally after years and years of farming, Geddon dropped the second binding…for my dk. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! But at least one of my characters got the damn binding!

 I had most of the quest stuff ready but I had to farm for a few things to transmute into things I needed for the quest.
 
Once I got that done I headed to Silithus, home of sand, sand bugs, and one very special NPC.
 

I gave him his items and he gave me an item to summon Prince Thunderaan.
 
 

Being 85 it was relatively easy to kill him but I can imagine how much fun that fight must have been at 60. You needed a raid to kill him and it really must have felt like an accomplishment to down him then.

I proceeded to own the Prince and I looted the item I needed off of him and gave it to the NPC.


He was nice enough to give me my legendary weapon.


It was finally mine after years and years of farming and hoping! 



Now that I have one Thunderfury, I will still continue to farm for it on my pally because damn it I want one on my pally! I’ve spent this long farming for it, whats a few more years?

No comments:

Post a Comment