Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Days of Future Past



Today I am going to talk about several different things and hopefully it’ll seem like I have coherent thoughts when I write (I don’t) and it will all blend together to make a good post. (it won’t) So buckle your seat belts boys and girls and prepare for the trip of your life!*
*Trip of your life may not actually be the trip of your life. Mileage may vary. If this is the trip of your life…you may need to have more fun in your life!*

To celebrate WoW’s 8th anniversary Blizzard released this video that mashed up a lot of the previous game cinematics and to me it is awesome! If you haven’t seen it yet you should open up another tab/window and watch it right now. Go ahead I’ll wait.

If you’ve been playing for several years I am sure that you are probably reminiscing about those times. Such good times were had. Not that I’m not having good times now mind you, it was just a different time and nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Anyway, that video is awesome and I can’t believe that WoW is 8 years old now. Kind of crazy but I still remember when they released this video showing how they made the original trailer. I was in a friends dorm room and he showed me the video and I was just stunned that something could look so amazing! Ahhh good times.

Honestly if 8 years ago you had told me that in a year I would start up a guild that would last 7+ years, I’d have told you that you were crazy! When WoW came out I believe I was playing Final Fantasy 11 and I had no interest in leaving it since so many of my friends at college were playing it. 7 years is a long time to be playing anything and I am glad that I still have reasons every day to log in and play the game. Not just the game itself but the friends that I've made in game. Those friendships in game have led to me getting married, have a best man that I met in game, and having a great time online with people I've never met face to fact but can make even something as tedious as rep grinding feel like a great time.

Well enough looking back! It’s time to move forward and look to the future! I have a lot of projects that I’m working on at the moment which have kept me busy and unable to really blog much. (likely story I know) I’m working on getting a second raid night OR a second raid group going on in guild and that of course requires people level alts/gear alts so that’s always a big time sink. Why can’t people be like me and level multiple alts to level cap quickly! Slackers, I tell ya.

I’m still podcasting the Follow the Leader Podcast with Orvillius, Nymphy, and Aero but it seems that getting a set time to record with those three is always a difficult assignment. If you haven’t had a chance to listen to the podcast, you totally should. It’s a podcast focused on guild leading, raid leading, and general leadership stuff. I’ve shared plenty of personal stories there about my leadership history so you should all tune in just for that alone! My stories are comedy plutonium!* But we do have good advice for people who are in the leadership role in game.
 *Not really comedy plutonium. In fact it’s more like weapons grade balonium.*

Out of game, I have a few things that are keeping me busy. I am working on a few short stories that I plan on self-publishing online through Amazon once they are ready to go. I am afraid of mentioning what they are about in case anyone tries to steal my ideas or in reality if someone thinks the premise is dumb. Either way once I get ready to list them I’ll be sure to make a post about it or tweet it out in case anyone would like to read something I’ve written. Never done any serious writing like this other than the choose my adventure series of posts and I can say for sure that writing is not easy. Nothing like sitting down to write something and just staring at the computer trying to continue where I left off on the story. Damn you writers block for not kicking in until I actually have time to write!!!

Along with writing stuff, I just came into possession of a working arcade cabinet and it is pretty damn sweet. Right now it’s in working condition and everything but it is powered by a really old (Pentium 2) computer so I’m working on upgrading it piece by piece so that it can load up the arcade games faster than it does now. I may make a separate page with pictures of the current progress I’m making on the cabinet if anyone is interested. It should be for fun times. I will say this for the cabinet, playing Captain America and the Avengers AND Captain Commando at an arcade are among some of my precious memories of childhood and the fact that I can play them at home now on a cabinet I own is a dream come true! =D

So that’s the blog post, I hope whoever read it enjoyed it. Lot going on at the moment that I can’t write about yet but maybe someday soon I can. Until that day, I’ll just have to continue writing my horrible blog posts that really only three people will read.

No comments:

Post a Comment