Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My request of Heroic Puggers

So I dinged 85 on my mage on Wednesday of last week and since then I've grinded the gear that I needed to run heroics. Now as soon as I was able to run heroics I queued up and waited to get into a run. I have yet to down more then 2 bosses in a heroic and that was pure luck that I even got past one boss. In each heroic I have noticed the same things happening: tanks don't mark targets for CC and just rush in, people don't understand the fights clearly, CC'ed mobs are broken by non-tanks and the tank doesn't pick them up in time so someone dies, healer ignores the group and only focuses on healing the tank so dps dies, dps stands in bad stuff and die, healer doesn't heal himself then stands in bad stuff and then dies.

People don't understand that in heroics even though the boss looks the same, their abilities are stronger and not quite the same. My request is a simple request and it is that people realize that they are playing Cataclysm and not Wrath so you can't just steamroll through content like you previously could. Please mark for CC, please don't break said CC, please don't stand in bad stuff and expect healers to keep you alive, please don't go emo and leave a group after one wipe especially if you were the cause of said wipe. Also just remember that just because you didn't CC when you did the instance in regular and lived does not mean that you can do the same in heroic mode.

All I want for Christmas is to run a heroic at least once and down the final boss. I don't even care that I get loot from any bosses along the way. Yes that is how frustrated I am about this situation. WTB Guildees getting their item score up faster so that I can run in guild groups and not worry about fail pugs. So how is everyone else enjoying heroics?

3 comments:

  1. Me too, Jed. Me too.

    I'm still training my guildies to understand the concept of "don't stand in dust" and "run away after you kill the chains". Some of them suffer from lag but most of them suffer from "I want to watch TV while I play WoW." Heroics aren't going very far. We did down 1 boss though.

    On top of that, I'm the only healer at 85 right now.

    /sobs quietly while repeatedly repairing her healing gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have like 3 guildees that are healers but they are usually not online until after I'm in a heroic and then they queue for one and so I end up never running with them lol. We have one 85 tank at the moment but his gear is still a work in progress. Maybe before new years I'll get the chance to run guild runs and if I do I'll be so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...And, and, AND FOR THE LOVE OF ELUNE... talk to each other in those PuGs. 30 seconds before a boss pull to go "mage do X, hunter cast B at C, and run out of the AoE, tank get 5 stacks of whatever" then charge to your death/victory really, really helps (:

    No one wants to be That Guy Who Asks, because of the multitude of That Guy Who's A Douche from facerolling the Wrath-era.

    Hope you're having a good chrimbo,

    ~Rio

    ReplyDelete